Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Machu Picchu

I just thought I would share with you some fo the places Im studying in my Cultures of Latin Amercian class. This is by far my favorite academic class ever! Right now we are learning about Machu Picchu. This site is located in the Mountain sides of a valley in Peru. It is a pre Columbian site that was inhabited by the Inca in 1462. They are reffered to as the inca because their Kings name was Inca. Anthropologists cannot decide ion what exactly Machu Picchu was used for. On July 7th 2007 Machu Picchu was declared one of the 7 wonders of the world.

For some reason this site stands out to me compared to others, it is powerful and immense. My class is goign here for spring break, however I cannto make it. Too much money :( Watch the video to see a small glimpse fo what it is like here.




No comments: