THIS POST IS OVER TWO YEARS OLD NOW BUT KEEPS GETTING HIT'S SO I THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE IT AGAIN WITH YOU ALL. THIS IS A GREAT DIY PROJECT FOR DECORATING EVENTS AND YOU CAN USE ALL KINDS OF DIFFERENT MEDIA TO MAKE THIS PENDANT!
What a bright idea!
While brainstorming for additions for our Fall window display for Road Less Traveled I kept thinking about the moon and the sun. The certain way the Autumn sky seems to glow through the leaves and cast soft shadows. I wanted to interpret this somehow into the window display that Delilah had already started. I searched for ideas and came across this idea and thought I would try it myself. It never hurts to try you know.
BTW: Many customers love this light and ask about it.
Raffia-Michaels Craft Store
Punch Balloons-Party City
Paint Brush-already had
Pendant Light Base-Cost Plus Market
What You Gotta Do:
This craft needs at least 2 hrs of invested time so gather a friend or sister and a beer to help keep you company :)
1. Inflate the balloon to desired size.
2. Draw circle with sharpie that is large enough for light bulb to go through.
3.Adhere mod podge to raffia while tying the raffia around the balloon.
4. Continue covering your balloon as desired and tie all ends of knots together.
5. Make sure entire surface has glue to ensure that it is stable when hardened.
6. Hang your balloon over night and leave newspaper underneath in case of glue drips.
7. Wait for at least 8 hrs for glue to dry and for there to be a hard sturdy surface.
8. When ready insert light base and either hang (using s brackets) or use as a table lamp.