Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Good Food Happy Hour: Mesa, Costa Mesa

If you're a fan of KCRW and OC weekly you're going to love this post. 


I have been a fan of KCRW for a while now and love their DJ's and Programs, they are hosted by really interesting people. Being they're studio is located in Santa Monica I think it's really cool that they have listeners all over the country and the world. 

One of my favorite shows they offer is Good Food with Evan Klieman. Her voice is really cool and her topics are all over the map and are mainly about food culture (duh) so it makes for an interesting listening experience.  My favorite segment of hers features the Pumpkin Stuffed with everything good. This weekend I finally got around to making it. Going to post it soon (promise). 

Back in March I attended KCRW's GOOD FOOD Happy hr @ Crosby and it was a great night of food and drinks. So when I heard that Evan and KCRW  and Gustavo Arrelano of OC WEEKLY would be hosting another Happy hr this past month I couldn't wait to go! This time it was held at Mesa which is located at the Camp in Costa Mesa, CA. 

It was my first time going to Mesa and I heard good things about the decor and the hot bar tenders. So I brought my boyfriend with me and we hung out with the OC celebs Delilah Snell owner of Road Less Traveled, Raya Belna former chef for Seabirds, Gustavo Arellano of Ask A Mexican, Tanya& Mark  owners of Avanti Naturals and of course Evan Kleiman of KCRW's Good Food!

Here are photo's from that night. ENjoy.

 Raya, Delilah, Tanya and Myself. 



Evan and Gustavo calling out raffle numbers. There were lots of great prizes.


 One lucky winner!


 Looks like we have a winner! Raya will surely make something tasty this this gift basket. 


 Happy Winners! Is that a photo bomber to the left?


 Walking to the restroom was a sight to see. 

 Texting by firelight, how romantic. Not. 



 A blurry and busy shot of Mesa.


 Check out the roof. It's alive!



 There is a vast mix of expressions on everyone faces. Must be all the alcohol. 

 Either he didnt eat all day or the food is just "that" good!


 Photo op of all of the beautiful people of OC and LA! 


Movies were playing on the walls. 


At the end of Happy Hour I went up and spoke with Evan and she remembered me from last time! Gasp...I get star struck sometimes especially around people who I think are talented and hard working. 

Evan if you're reading this I just wanted to say thanks for coming down to our neck of the woods and making just another Thursday into a KCRW Happy Hour experience! 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

love the write up! only thing-TANYA and MARK are the Avanti owners...it was a loud and crazy night!
xox

Unknown said...

PS its Delilah!

Eloisa said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Mesa!
They have the best mussels. And the unisex loo and all the tiles were done by a friend of mine :)
Did you see the retractable roof?
See you Friday at noon!


Eloisa
Friday's Child

Mari Garcia said...

Looks like so much fun!

Mary from http://meowwzie.blogspot.com/

Deco Aurora said...

I dont know how to change the comments setting from "Thats what she said".