Sunday, February 6, 2011

A super controversial superbowl

Something's missing...

Ever since the 2004 super bowl controversy involving Janet Jacksons nipslip there have been no female performers at the half time show. Apparently I didn't notice because ummm I dont really notice things involving sports. Apparently the NFL had a ban on all female performers because of the fear of another pre-planned live on tv oopsie moment. No need to worry because looks like Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton have covered all those areas. And I really mean each and every area that females normally keep under underwear in public. 

After hearing that females were not allowed to perform I felt the little feminist inside me saying wtf? Well apparently we are having a female performer this year and who is it? Fergie of the Black Eyed Peas. No Im not a huge fan, but I will take her over Kesha any day. 

Who was your favorite artist/band at the super bowl halftime show?
I really enjoyed watching No Doubt and Sting in the early 2000s other than that I cant remember any other performances besides the Nipslip Janet Jackson one. 

Do you think it was right for women to be banned from performing at the super bowl? 
I think that was a no no on their part. What are we second class citizens? One woman was risqué doesn't mean we all are. 

No comments: