Saturday, January 16, 2010

Gwen Stefani Fashion Icon

Fashion Icon
It was in Junior High that I really had a desire to look a certain way, that way being whatever I wanted at the moment. I know that this way of dressing and being wouldn't have come along if I hadn't been an avid listener of No Doubt.
I remember getting teased at school for wearing blue lipstick and crazy eyeshadow from a set my moms friend from Australia gave me. That's when I knew I could set myself apart from everyone else who was donning a brand on their sleeve and the same long hair parted down the middle. So now as a 20 something so-called adult I still look to Gwen Stefani for fashion inspiration. If she can do it so can I! This woman can do so many things to make herself look different and yet she still has her signature staples to fall back on.

She looked wonderfully put together during her two pregnancies which I'm guessing is hard to do? Maybe I'm just weird but I wonder how I will dress one day when and if I have kids. Thanks Gwen for giving me inspiration. This black and white maxi dress is something I would totally wear now I just love the print.
Mixing a blue floral maxi dress with an electric blue leather jacket? So Cool!


During the summer I would want to borrow Gwen's accessories.
And her body :)






FYI Im not really a crazy # 1 Gwen Stefani fan but my friends and I made a video of her song " Wind It Up" for a contest! Take a look and let me know what you think of my interpritation of Gwen.





Original "Wind It Up" by Gwen Stefani

My Version of "Wind It Up" by Jeff, Andy, Leigh and Myself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"This woman can do so many things to make herself look different and yet she still has her signature staples to fall back on."

Agreed.

And she's cute. That helps. Well done mAgGiE.

Deco Aurora said...

Thanks James

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post, great ))