Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Fashion Faultiness

Let me explain...for the past few months I have been going through a bit of a style rut. My sister says I look like a chola and 90's...really? I don't think so.Just because I like red lipstick and leopard print...haha anyway.  I think my schedule is making me not care how I look because I go to class in the morning and and work till 12:30 at night. I just get up and stare at the closet and wonder what the hell am I going to wear today? It's always the same thing: striped shirt, jeans flats. Or, workout pants, walking shoes and a tank. And then at night it's all black for work. The one day that I actually care about what I wear is when I go to work at Road Less Traveled because it's an inspiring environment and I can express myself.

So, I have come up with a plan to get motivated to show off my wardrobe: 

Don't wear workout clothes unless you're working out!

Dress up for date night or girls night out.

Make a point to take more photos of outfits I like and either post them on blog or in a notebook.

Donate clothes I no longer wear (less to go through when getting dressed.)

Coordinate my outfits with my presentations for school.

Organize my closet by type of clothing, not color. 

So since I have become more aware of my fashion faultiness I made a point to get extra dressed up for my latest presentation for Interior Design Studio. Yes I wore all black and I usually don't like to do that, but I did get complimented on my outfit and my presentation ;) That's always a great thing to hear and will keep me motivated to dress up a bit more or be more creative in my clothing choices. 






Where:
 Interior Design presentation.

Wearing: 
Hat: Target
Necklace: The Limited
Lace top: Kaitlyn in Brea
Lace Cami: Jcpenny
Skirt: Old Navy
Shoes: TJ Maxx
Book: No one belongs here more than you, by Miranda July
Makeup: melting away after a long day...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the lace top