Sunday, June 7, 2009

Schools Out Summer Is In

I have come to realize that school isn't for everyone, its for those willing to do the hard work and not ever give up when others have. This past Spring Semester was a challenge, having taken 5 classes that were all over the map. In the end it doesn't matter what anyone thinks I will have a degree that will help me be a better person. Being an Interior Design student hasn't been easy I went from design and art classes to studying about Latin America Geology which really opened my eyes. I'm starting to miss being in class, there is a void that used to be me getting up wishing I hadn't had that extra beer the night before. In a few weeks I will be starting one maybe two classes to keep the ball rolling. You're never too old to stop learning or too young to start!
Leonor, you are one of my most inspiring teacher's and really held my attention and helped me realize things about myself that I wasnt sure of. I learned so much invaluable information about Latin American Cultures and I loved how much you encouraged students to have an opinion and really challenged us. I thought of my class project on the Moche when I went to the Casa Inca restaurant, they had Moche Pottery on display. Instead of just looking at these artworks I can express to people that I Know what it is where its from and what dates they are. I think my boyfriends godmother was impressed that me the "token white girl" knew what kind of pottery she had on display at her restaurant. So once again Thank You Leonor for the big and small things you taught us this semester, they will stay forever.











2 comments:

Kathrine said...

I know what you mean about filling the void. I am getting the ball rolling for Grad school and have been missing the learning environment for a while.
I love hearing about you and school, I love that you went back and found something you are passionate about. I cant wait to hear more!
Im so proud of you!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Maggie,
Thank you for your kind words and for this beautiful picture. I love the class and it is truly rewarding to share this love with students as passionate about learning as you. I know sometimes we have difficult semesters where we can't give it our 100% but you are such a talented student that you WILL excel in anything you set out to do. I wished you would have gone to Peru and trust you'll go with us to Mexico in 2009, stay in touch and we'll make it happen.
Best wishes, Leonor