Skip to main content

Relaxing Day In LA

I was on my way to Los Angeles by 1 pm on Wednesday, after about an hour and a half of driving I had made it to my 36 mile destination. I was excited because I was going to spend the day with two wonderful guys, Jeff and Andy. I have known Andy since I was in 1st grade. I parked the car and waited for Andy to meet me downstairs, and thats when the fun began.

Andy and Jeff live in a really nice apartment that is a great size considering they live in LA. I wish I had my camera, its broken, boo-hoo. Otherwise I would have taken a bunch of photos chronicling my trip. I knew in advance that I had to make a trip to the grilled cheese truck, after that anything goes.

After seeing the apartment and getting a bite at Sky we headed out for a top secret mission, the secret stairs. Have you ever heard of this? I had no idea until that day that there were trolley cars that went through the hills of Los Angeles and that there are numerous stair cases through out the hills in the area. I got to go on a stair tour for the first time. Let me tell you, we didn't go on a very long or hard stair walk but those were some STEEP stairs and high hills. There was a view of the ocean, but it was very cloudy that direction. If you live in the area or are visiting I recommend the book " Secret Stairs" it walks you through the neighborhood and tells you where celebs live, landmarks and quirky plants and neighbors.

After our stair walk we were in need of a break, I'm pretty sure that we burned off all of our lunch from that. We spent about and hour just chilling out and talking before we headed out for dinner. I was getting so excited to go to the Grilled Cheese Truck because I have heard so many great things about it. It just so happens it was parked around the corner from them at some comic store called meltdown. It was totally meant to be. We parked and walked up, there was hardly a line, thank god because I heard the lines were like an hour long.

I waited in line while everyone else ordered, I couldn't decide what to get so I just played it safe and got the sharp cheddar, tomato soup shot and the dessert grill. Andy got a macaroni & cheese grill and Jeff got a macaroni and rib grill and a pastrami grilled cheese with garlic sauce. We decided to take our sandwiches to go which added more anticipation to my already anxious stomach. After taking a few photos we were on our way to a melty, cheesy heaven.

Upon arrival to the apartment we all sat our butt's down on the couch and bit into those sandwiches asap and loved every bite. I was eating mine so slowly because I didn't want it to end. Overall the sandwiches were great and I would recommend going to this food truck and trying it out for yourself.
My trip to Los Angeles was great, not rushed or crazy like it has seemed to be in the past for me. Andy and Jeff took such good care of me and made me feel like comfortable and at ease. You guys are wonderful, thanks again for letting me come down and spend the day with you.
Until next time,
Mslay

Comments

bipjeffington said…
what a lovely post! had such a great time with you! until next time.... jeff

Popular posts from this blog

Claremont Village

My mom and I have been going to Claremont forever now, and if you follow this blog than you know it too! It's a cute town that's near the foothills, has colleges, food, beer and cute shops to wonder in. 

We decided to take Loki with us that day, and it was so damn hot...is this the hottest summer in a while? Or do I just forget the prior years...eaither way it was on fire in Claremont that day. 

We stumbled upon a taco shack that was undeniably cute! I'm working on finding the name of it, I can't seem to find it on any listing.
Over by the restroom by the taco shop there was the wood csrbed donkey so we had to take pics with it! Poor Loki was so hot that day! 
Enjoying chipa and salsa at the taco shack.




A few things I do that make me feel like me

I start work in two hours so that means I have just enough time to start writing a blog post. Its been an inspiring week and I feel like there are signs from all over the universe guiding me into the right direction. I have had some meaningful time spent alone as well as with other people. I'm trying to have "more fun" and not worry so much about the little things. A few weeks ago I saw a psychic and she told me a ton of things, it was super strange to feel so vulnerable and unsure if what she was saying was true or not. 

The things she said that made me think... Ill be a mother, not now but in a few years. That I will be a successful Business woman, because I have vision and drive. That I have a dark spirit following me, That I want to be happy but that I only will be if I let whatever happened to me in my past go free.
As you can see it was pretty intense, full of tears and I was scared, but I knew that she was right because for a long time I had been unhappy and it was…

Village at La Floresta Walking Tour

Hi y'all it's been a few weeks since the opening of the new shopping center in Brea "Village at La Floresta" and I've finally had some time to share my experience and photos that I took that day!

As some of you may know, this new shopping center has been in the works for a few years now and is part of a whole new community of new custom homes and even a retirement home as well as a swimming club all under the umbrella of La Floresta, a master planned community.

One of the big draws for this new community is the fact that they had a whole foods as part of their shopping centers new tenants, and us crazy people in North oc have been having to go out to Tustin to get our fix of pre-peeled oranges and lemon infused water, I kid...lol do people really buy that crap anyway? Wenever I go it's usually to buy something fun from the beauty section or the salad bar!!! Yum!!!

When I went out to see the new location a few weeks ago I went in on the opening day! Crazy I t…